Handling a Home Inspection
For many people, a home inspection is a hurdle that every homeowner must overcome during the process of selling a home, but it’s a useful tool for sellers looking to get the greatest possible value from their home.
- Finding Issues
When you’re selling a house, a pre-sale inspection can be particularly useful. By uncovering any potential problems your house may have, an inspection can give you an opportunity to address them before your first prospective buyer arrives.
In any market, a pre-sale inspection can give your home a competitive edge. Potential buyers are likely to find the kind of detailed information an inspection provides reassuring—and are encouraged to give your home a closer look.
- What doesn’t your home inspection cover?
For a variety of reasons, some homes will require special inspections that are not covered by a typical home inspection. A specialty inspection might include a sewer scope, septic system, geotechnical conditions (for homes perched on steep slopes or where there are concerns regarding soil stability) or underground oil storage tank. If you have any questions about whether your home needs a specialty inspection, talk to your real estate agent.
- Hire a professional
If you decide to hire a home inspector, be sure they’re licensed in your state. They should be able to provide you with their license number, which you can use to verify their status with the appropriate government agency. It’s also helpful to ask for recommendations from friends and family members. Even among licensed and qualified home inspectors, there can be a difference in knowledge, performance and communication skills, so learn what you can before you hire a home inspector to ensure that you get the detailed inspection that you want.
What to ask your home inspector
Want to find out your home value? CLICK HERE
This new edition of Luxury Home Magazine is published and it is beautiful! My stunning Ridgefield listing can also be found in this edition. Enjoy!
Protecting Your Biggest Asset
Buying a home is a big commitment that almost everyone hopes to achieve in their lifetime. Although it’s very exciting, it also comes with a lot of responsibility. Protecting and maintaining your big asset is essential in home ownership! Taking initiative and researching your home’s value is a great way to start!
Interested in your home value? CLICK HERE
Presented by: Jenna Wynand
7 Moving Tips and Advice
Moving can be very stressful and time consuming. This blog is intended to help you make your next move just a little bit easier! 🙂
1. Declutter before you pack. By doing this you will save yourself time and space while packing!
2. Pack in advance. Waiting until last minuet will only make things more difficult.
3. Book moving agencies early. Waiting will usually result in higher prices and or not getting a moving truck/movers altogether.
4. Stock up on supplies. You don’t want to potentially run out of boxes or tape during your stressful move! Be prepared to ensure a faster, less stressful move.
5. Buy a variety of box sizes. Smaller items, like books or toiletries don’t require a large box, so don’t waste one! Buy what you think you will need for each room!
6. Label each box according to room. This will make unpacking much easier and you’ll be glad you did it!
7. Make sure you tape your boxes well. The last thing you want is a box falling apart, potentially damaging the items inside.
Interested in your home value? MY HOME VALUE
Visit my website for more information VISIT SITE
5 Ways To Make Your Yard Picture Perfect Under $100
1. Plant flowers or shrubs! Filling your space with greenery will give your home a more lively feel. To start, invest in good soil that you can get for relatively cheap.
2. Keep your bushes trimmed! This will give your home a beautiful curb appeal!
3. Pull weeds! If you have plants, you most likely have weeds. For more stubborn weeds, products like RoundUp will do the job.
4. Rake— get those leaves out of there! Leaves may look pretty for a while, but they will eventually block the sun from the grass, making your situation even worse!
5. Most importantly- keep your lawn mowed! On top of this, make sure to keep it watered after you mow, this will keep it green and healthy.
See what your home is worth today! YOUR HOME VALUE
Pristine ranch home in Rolling Hills with stunning mountain and territorial views! Classically beautiful with hardwood floors, custom craftsmanship, built-ins, wainscoting, 12′ ceilings, recessed lighting, two fireplaces, a sun room and sauna. Four bedrooms plus additional den/office. Master with sun room access, huge walk in shower, dual closets and jetted tub. Enjoy the views and gorgeous outdoor setting with a circle drive, pond and water feature and a spacious shop!
Listed by Jenna Wynand, Windermere Stellar
Charming 1938 craftsman style home in the heart of Camas! Unique details and character including cove ceilings, hardwood floors, barn doors, custom wood shutters and a great floorplan. Kitchen with gorgeous cabinetry, tile backsplash and granite counters. One bedroom on the main floor, two upstairs and an additional bonus area in the finished basement. Two nicely updated bathrooms with granite counters and tile back splash. Huge yard with gazebo, RV Parking and a storage shed. OPEN SAT 2/1 1-3pm
Listed by Jenna Wynand, Windermere Stellar
Stunning ranch home with amazing river views in desirable Camas! Amazing upgrades throughout, large kitchen with stainless steel appliances, quartz and mosaic tile. Vaulted family room w/skylights, built-ins and brick fireplace. Master suite w/walk in closet, jetted tub with mosaic & tile. Spacious bedrooms and laundry room. Great yard and covered patio. Impressive views, amazing home and the perfect location! OPEN HOUSE Sunday, December 8th 1-3pm
Jenna Wynand, Windermere Stellar
Stunning home inside and out! Spacious 4 bdrm+bonus with hardwood floors, 5″ trim, high ceilings, upgrades throughout. Kitchen with granite, tile backsplash, custom pantry with butcher block and outlets. Dining space with patio access. Large living area, laundry room with storage and folding area. Custom master suite with dual vanity, walk in closet. Beautifully maintained fenced yard. This one has it all! OPEN HOUSE 11/17 1-3